Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Little Blue Dress.

(last two images from January)


You know the hearing that a little black dress is timeless, and you should always 
have one in your closet?
Well I don't have one... 
I actually don't have most things that "you should have"
But I do have a Little Blue Dress.

The Little Blue Dress. 
I think this is something that everyone should have in their closet.
Why?
Well first off it goes with almost everything, blue is like a black and gray, it goes with so much,
but it isn't as dull and boring, and is a nice slight pop of color.
Another reason why I love this dress. It is long! Hallelujah, with these daddy long 
leg legs of mine I can rarely find a dress that covers my butt and that I can wear to church.
But this is the most perfect length, long enough to be modest, yet short enough to not look polygamous (sorry if that is offensive).
With a little blue dress like this you can wear it in a variety of ways:
  • Jacket - (like shown above). Your jacket choices are unlimited, you could wear a jean jacket, a green cargo jacket, a suit jacket... the list goes on. And no matter which one you put it'll look good!
  •  Sweater - I love putting a cute sweater over dresses, it makes it look like a skirt, and makes it look like a whole new piece of clothing. It is nice because this dress can be a summer dress, but easily a winter one when you throw over a cute sweater, tights, some socks and high knee boots! Just like the last two images. Believe it or not, that is the same dress!
  • Cardigan - A cardigan is kinda in the jacket category, but not when you wear it the way I do. I love wrapping cardigan's and flannels around my waste. It splits up the dress into two sections, and is a way to pop in some color. I consider it accessory. 
I am not one to wear dresses often, mainly because I have such a hard time finding ones that fit me just right. But I wear this about once a week.. maybe twice.. shhhhh. But every time I wear it people think it is a different dress just because it is so easy to pare with different items, and each item makes it look so different.

So go on... go buy yourself a
Little Blue Dress 


10 comments:

  1. A little blue dress is essential! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

    I'm actually wearing mine right now, like you it's my go to dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE YOUR BLOG! Your fashion pieces are amazing and your site has such a wonderful whimsical feel to it :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fashion. I love how you have pieced this dress. So cute.
    I love your blog! :)

    I agree with Lehua, such a whimsical feel to it! :)

    Amzyinwonderland

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am so happy you love the blog, and enjoy my sense of fashion <3

      Delete