Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Layering Sweaters - Thrifted


Rule #3 of How to Wear Sweaters in the Heat

Layer an airy sweater over a dress.

Yeah layering in the summer can sound a little... hot.
But we all have those sweaters that are not as heavy, and have a little flow to them.
They always look great with a dress!
Well any sweater looks good over a dress...
But if you are worried about over heating, choose one of you lighter sweaters.
Honestly... Most of what my wardrobe consists of is layering sweaters over dresses and skirts.
You can make a dress look you have never worn it before, if you layer it in a new way every time.
Just the other day my roommate told me that she had never seen me wear the dress I was wearing.
But I had actually worn it TWICE the week before.
The best compliment I can be told is when someone says, it seems like I never wear anything twice.
Which is my goal! You could have a wardrobe that consists of 10 items. But if you know
how to mix and match you can make 50 different outfits.
Now that I am done with my litter spiel.....
Really Start wearing your sweaters... It kinda helps that now in Utah the weather is getting colder
But all you followers still in the warmth outside of Utah, start layering those dresses and sweaters!
Also if you do, send me pictures! I would love to see you guys trying out new things!

And... lets talk about this dress... and how it was thrifted... in a way.
It was from my moms closet.. she kept it and it is from the 90's!
Can you believe that? When I came across it I about died because I had been wanting a denim
dress forever! But you guys are in luck because if you are looking for one, they are swarming the racks at second hand stores. Just the other day I went and visited our thrift shop the D.I., and I found about 10 denim dresses. So before you go and buy one, guy check your local thrift shops stores!


Sweater: Urban Outfitters
Similar Here: Urban Outfitters, ASOS, ASOS
Dress: Thrifted
Similar Here: Levi's, Old Navy, Amazon, Forever 21
Shoes: DSW
Similar Here: Macy's, Ralph Lauren, Nordstroms
Necklace: Forever 21




4 comments:

  1. oh my this entire outfit is PERFECT. where did you get those cute socks?? and i am in love with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, how are you not collecting about a million followers right now?
    1) you are the cutest thing ever.
    2) you blog so interestingly about your life.
    3) you post outfit pictures that rival with "the syd

    I love coming to your side of the internet to see what you have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, you have thee cutest style. Found your blog from your comments on mine. Newest follower right here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this outfit. you're friggin beautiful.

    ReplyDelete