Wednesday, August 14, 2013

PORTLAND





 

Do you ever just go on spontaneous road trips? 
Yeah me neither, until now. 
Friday night me Kitty and Megan decided we wanted to go to Portland.
Saturday Morning we were on our way at 7 am.
Let me tell you, I am not this way.
Before I make a decision, I weigh all the pros and cons. Usually the cons outweighing the pros.
Then I start to panic because all these "What ifs".
Then I decide I am not going to go.
Then panic once, again about how I am going to miss out.
Then I am back to square one. Still unsure about what to choose.
But this time. Nope that wasn't going to happen. I didn't have time to think about it.
I packed my bags and was on my way.
It was the best decision, and I am so happy I didn't fight myself on it.
For most of you that haven't driven to Portland from SLC, don't let people fool you.
It IS NOT a pretty drive until you are like 2 hours away from Portland.
Most of the Drive is dead yellow fields that look like a never ending ocean.
But, once you do arrive to Portland, your eyes can't take in enough.
You are never driving under the bare sky on the roads in Portland.
Every street is covered by towering trees, and green leaves.
You don't see a single dry ugly patch of anything. Anywhere you look is filled
with lushness. And when it isn't trees, there are plenty of old vintage
buildings that I couldn't get enough of. I didn't have a good camera, but
I was dying because I wanted to capture every single thing I saw.
If you haven't been to Portland.
Put it on your Bucketlist.
I killed two birds with one stone on my Bucketlist this trip.
I had breakfast in a coffee shop in Portland, and got a doughnut from Voodoo Donuts.
Hows that for being productive. 


2 comments:

  1. yay voodoo doughnuts!
    Which one did you get? The peanut butter and chocolate one is my favorite.

    Portland is my favorite, and I recognized it from the first outdoor store photo - love that place too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VooDoo Doughnuts!! My husband and I went to Portland for our honeymoon and one of the places we went was the Voodoo doughnuts.

    http://thisyearsloveandforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete